james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Mailet API v2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:54:15 GMT
Noel,

I didn't like the approach you took because you're mixing matcher and
mailet configuration.  I think Daniel's is much cleaner since by
configuring things separately, it becomes easier to put 2 or more
matchers/interceptors in front of a single mailet.

As for naming, I don't really care about matcher vs. interceptor... what
about "filter"?  I tend to agree with Daniel that "matcher" implies
something simpler and I tend to agree with Noel that "interceptor"
implies something more, e.g. doing something.  Since Noel described a
matcher/interceptor as *filtering* the result sets, does that work for
people?

Another thing I like about Daniel's config example is that it allows for
multiple conf parameters to matchers, which is probably overdue.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com