james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Mailet API v2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:12:12 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Again, I think a "testing kit" might be a better approach.
>

> In the meantime, why not have something like:

>       <mailet match="RecipientIs=testuser@testhost" class="ToProcessor">
> 	<processor>testing</processor>
>       </mailet>
>
> 	<processor name="testing">
> 	<mailet ...>
> 	</processor>
>
> By adjusting the initial matcher, I can control whatever I want to send to
> my testing processor, where I can test my matchers and mailets.  I can do
> this on a standalone system, or specify a special port for a test version of
> james.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a junit testing framework.  What I
want is basically:
1) a mailet or matcher to test
2) a whole bunch of emails in one directory
3) outputs of each email from (2) after the mailet or matcher in (1) ran.

Then the kit is something that can quickly take 1 and 2 and produce 3.
If you stick this within James, it's harder to capture the output and
run a predetermined set of messages through it.  Maybe though...
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com