james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mailet API v2
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:48:29 GMT
Danny,

>As far as mailet API dependancies on james utility classes, that just
>requires a simple re-factoring to deprecate the classes in o.a.james in
>favour of identical classes in o.a.mailet.
>
>I know that there is work involved in this, and I do still believe that it
>is worth embarking on it.

You'd be better splitting those maillet visible james classes into
interfaces in the aillet API and keeping the impl in the james codebase.
This way the maillet-api.jar is a lean as possible.  Interface/impl
separation is good thing :
 http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/framework/guide-patterns-soii.html.
 It is possible f course that I've caught the 'wrong end of the stick'
and this is already the case...

- Paul