james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SAR-INF
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:01:50 GMT
Noel,

I'm missing the start of this thread....perhaps someone could be kind
enough to forward postings from the last 24 hours concerning directly or
indirectly Avalon...

>From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
>

>>I guess we'll have to wait and see.  We're kind of hostage to whatever
>>Avalon does.  I really hope that they remember that some of us run servers
>>that DO NOT HAVE A GUI installed!  Making installation easier with
>>self-packaging is great, but not at the expense of ease of administration.

Referring to my BeanShell development that is alternate Kernel ?

Well, I'm going to make a third kernel that is headless but allows the
user to telnet in and do the same Beanshell operations.  There are
security issues, but they can be overcome too (SSH block)

- Paul