james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Mailet API] Logging Proposal
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 05:23:09 GMT
Noel,

>>Avalon is a project.  How many times do I have to ask you to say
>>Avalon-Framework to mean the multi-use IoC interfaces?
>>

>When I mean Avalon Framework, I say Avalon Framework.  When I meant the
>programming model, I have used Avalon model.  Are you saying that you prefer
>the term framework to be overloaded to refer to the programming MODEL, too?

I'm saying that in the email in question, you were using just the word
Avalon in a few significant places.  I also have a prob with 'Avalon
programming model' and 'Avalon model' as it's completely new as a term.
 You'll not find me using or advocating the term 'framework'  I suprised
you drew these conclusions.

>>I'm still uneasy about your use of the word platform.  I'd prefer
>>container as platform means Win32 / unix / etc to me.
>>

>Hmmm ... I'll give that some thought.  I understand your point.  I think it
>would make things clearer for Danny, too.

Thanks :-)

>>Ohh blimey, I should read ahead in mails.
>>

>Yes you should!  LOL  I thought I did a good job in that one of presenting
>first the way it is now, and then the way Avalon Best Practices would
>suggest.  You jumped the gun.  :-)  But that's OK.  My revenge comes when
>you sit down to do the sample container.  ;-)  I very much look forward to
>seeing it.

I know.  I think I am going to do a container and a unit test container.
 Can someone give me the new design (single method?) Mailet API to start
with?

Cheers,

-ph