james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel Sadek" <samuel_sa...@hotmail.com>
Subject spurious messages!?!
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 18:07:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have upgraded my release of James 2.03a to the latest version held in the
CVS repository using the latest version of Phoenix jar files. I'm using IMAP
server and have removed all instances of Block class referenced in the IMAP
srcs and replaced these with Component type. I re-compiled the classes using
latest libs in CVS and ran James 2.1a1 against and got some spurious
messages output to my terminal screen:

Using PHOENIX_HOME:   F:\James
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: F:\James\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      E:\bea\jdk131

Phoenix 4.0a4

The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.context.Contextuali
zable". This violates the expected usage patterns.
The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Composabl
e". This violates the expected usage patterns.
The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Confi
gurable". This violates the expected usage patterns.
James 2.1a1-cvs
Started IMAP Server plain:143
Started SMTP Server plain:25

I am only only interested in using SMTP and IMAP protocols suite and have
observed the warning messages above. I do not understand what these mean and
would appreciate it if someone can shed some light into this. Also, on the
same wavelength, what are the current differences of 2.03a and 2.1a1?

I look forward to any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Sam.