james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Clinton Goudie" <ClintJaka...@magicalspirits.net>
Subject RE: SPAM origin
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:43:27 GMT
Is there any way for me to include the notice from:
          <mailet match="InSpammerBlacklist=relays.ordb.org"
                  class="ToProcessor">
            <processor> blacklist </processor>
            <notice> Open relay - see  http://www.ordb.org/ </notice>
          </mailet>

using the redirect mailet without extending it and making my own?

Ideally I'd just change <inline>notice</inline> but I have no idea if that
would work...

Thanks for the info...

Clint
-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Angus [mailto:danny@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 3:01 AM
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: SPAM origin

> If anyone knows how
> to configure
> the send from address using the NotifySender mailet, please let
> me know. The
> current alternative I'm using is to bit-bucket emails from postmaster to
> postmaster.

Try using the Redirect mailet instead, it is designed to be much more
configurable in its behaviour than the simpler Notify mailets.

to get you started you might try this:

                        <mailet match="All" class="Redirect">
                                <!--send it back to the sender-->
                                <recipients>sender</recipients>
                                <!--From a special address-->
                                <sender>spam-manager@mydomain.com</sender>
                                <!--with this message as the message body-->
                                <message>Spam rejected by mydomain</message>
                                <!--With nothing else appended-->
                                <inline>none</inline>
                                <!--Attach the original message-->
                                <attachment>message</attachment>
                                <!--Dont send generated error messages-->
                                <attachError>FALSE</attachError>
                                <!--Prefix the original subject with this-->
                                <prefix>[mail delivery system spam
notification]</prefix>
                                <!--calculate the sender address every
time-->
                                <static>FALSE</static>
                                <!--Kill the original mail in this mailet-->
                                <passThrough>FALSE</passThrough>
                        </mailet>

.and if you're into hacking mailets Redirect is intended to be extended to
allow you to override the methods that generate sender and recipient
addresses so you can quickly deploy your own, more obscure, behaviour.

d.