james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SPAM origin
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:00:51 GMT
> If anyone knows how
> to configure
> the send from address using the NotifySender mailet, please let
> me know. The
> current alternative I'm using is to bit-bucket emails from postmaster to
> postmaster.

Try using the Redirect mailet instead, it is designed to be much more
configurable in its behaviour than the simpler Notify mailets.

to get you started you might try this:

			<mailet match="All" class="Redirect">
				<!--send it back to the sender-->
				<recipients>sender</recipients>
				<!--From a special address-->
				<sender>spam-manager@mydomain.com</sender>
				<!--with this message as the message body-->
				<message>Spam rejected by mydomain</message>
				<!--With nothing else appended-->
				<inline>none</inline>
				<!--Attach the original message-->
				<attachment>message</attachment>
				<!--Dont send generated error messages-->
				<attachError>FALSE</attachError>
				<!--Prefix the original subject with this-->
				<prefix>[mail delivery system spam notification]</prefix>
				<!--calculate the sender address every time-->
				<static>FALSE</static>
				<!--Kill the original mail in this mailet-->
				<passThrough>FALSE</passThrough>
			</mailet>

..and if you're into hacking mailets Redirect is intended to be extended to
allow you to override the methods that generate sender and recipient
addresses so you can quickly deploy your own, more obscure, behaviour.

d.