james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Mailet API was RE: Finer Logging Control for Mailets/Matchers
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 16:00:22 GMT
It might be worth mentioning that I've been spending my free hours up to my
armpits in a UML version of a possible new version of Mailet API.
I hope to offer it as a proposal once I've created a successful
implementation of it.

I'm not convinced that a getLogger method is appropriate for the API if it
is going to make the mailet API depend upon any particular logging product,
I firmly believe that the mailet API should be as independant of all but
java.* and JavaMail as is possible to encourage its implementation in other
vendors applications.

d.