james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Serviceable to Composable changeover
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:51:53 GMT

> Agreed.  However, as to your point of hosting it on a separate website,
> before I donated my code for James, it was sitting on a usershare, never
> to be looked at.  James has great visibility, and until we either find a
> more public way to get exposure independent of the code, I think this is
> the best place for it.  That said, I think it's important to state the
> separation as an important design decision (along with other design
> notes that could stand to be documented).

I totally agree with all of that Serge,
I wasn't suggesting we do anything more drastic than to visibly and
brand-wise sub-divide the James site, perhaps eventually petition the PMC
for Mailet to be made a full sub-project.

> This may be a bit taboo of a suggestion on an Apache list, but it might
> be worth submitting a JSR request for mailets.

I'm not sure what the procedure for JSR involves, or what the pro's and
con's might be, but in the light of the recent(ish) developments it might be
worth investigating, after all we have both the API and a refrence
implementation of it.

d.