james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Mailet API v2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:30:39 GMT
Ok anything then, I stuck on ajp because my use cases are wholly concerned
with integrating tomcat webapps with james and vv.
The point is that i think there needs to be *some* protocol that will allow
james to be used in an integrated way with other applications using
configuration only, so that it can become a mail gateway without the need to
write special mailets for each special case.

I dont suggest that this be in the mailet API, although I did mention it in
the same mail (because I believe that its part of the same endgame of making
james more attractive to architects/developers), just that james embraces
the concept of running as a tool for other applications.
And a server daemon which processes richer requests than SMTP or POP seems
to me to be a requirement.

d.