james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Mailet API v2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:40:38 GMT
Noel,
I don't like the namespace stuff, I think its unnecessary and doesn't make
the configuration very easy to read.

> And I don't especially care what we call matchers, but
> interceptor does not
> carry an a priori semantic meaning to me.  If they are going to
> be renamed,
> I'd just as soon call them "conditions": <mailet condition="condClass"
> class="mailetClass" />

But the interceptor isn't the condition it is the class that performs the
interception of the message, and it "handles" it by passing it to the mailet
which processes the mail.

It is (IMHO) still not necessarily a property of the "matcher" to be either
conditional or perform any matching in order for it to intercept a message
from the pipe for an interested mailet to process.

d.