james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SAR-INF
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:49:09 GMT
I don't find james difficult to manage for the things in the config.xml
file, which is the current topic.

Can you let us know what direction Avalon is taking for the handling of
configuration files?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 16:32
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: SAR-INF

From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>

> I guess we'll have to wait and see.  We're kind of hostage to whatever
> Avalon does.  I really hope that they remember that some of us run servers
> that DO NOT HAVE A GUI installed!  Making installation easier with
> self-packaging is great, but not at the expense of ease of administration.

I am another Avalon dev&committer on this list, and I am starting to use
James as a mail server in our organization.
I think that James is great and has an enourmous potential, but really needs
to become easier to administer.

AFAIK there is an Avalon dev that is going to be on paid work to do admin
for phoenix, so I expect great things :-)

Keep up the excellent work guys, we hear you! :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -