james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Matcher -> Mailet communication
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 05:53:07 GMT
> > I can't see how the matcher can pass info related to the match
> > to a mailet, other than by adding headers to the MimeMessage.

> The two (minor) changes I have on tap for the next version of the
> mailet API are adding attributes to Mail objects

:-) Thank you, Serge.  That's exactly what I had in mind.  I presume that
this would be:

	void setAttribute(String, Object)
	Object getAttribute(String)

or something similar?  The only coupling between Matchers and Mailets would
be the name (and content) of the properties (I don't care if we use
set/getAttribute or set/getProperty ... anyone else care?).

	--- Noel