james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SAR-INF
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 22:20:57 GMT
Writing the description is easy enough.  My inquiry regards the normative.
Since this is a change, is it an INTENDED change, or a temporary
side-effect?  You indicate that it is an intended change.

Also, I don't mean just inside the SAR file, which no admin should need to
examine.  I am interested in the configuration portion of the directory
structure.  Where does an admin go to make changes to config.xml, et al, as
called for in the documentation?  The old location was conf/, now it is
SAR-INF/.

Next, there seems to be some issue that the NEXT release of Avalon won't
even leave the files there, but will delete them so that they won't be
available for an admin to access.  Can you clarify the direction for the
platform?  Perhaps this should be a discussion on the James-Users list,
since it more directly effects administrators than developers.

So, again, writing the description is easy enough.  The issue is WHAT to
write.  Hence my questions.  :-)

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 2:00
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: SAR-INF

Noel,

>Is SAR-INF/ the new home for config.xml, or will it move back to conf/ ?
If
>SAR-INF/ is going to stay the new home, we need to provide migration
>instructions to users.

Inside the SAR file? yes it is the new home.

It should not be hard to write a small page describing the new <sar> ant
task ...

        <sar sarfile="${build.lib}/${name}.sar"
                config="src/conf/james-config.xml"
                environment="src/conf/james-server.xml"
                assembly="src/conf/james-assembly.xml">
            <lib dir="${build.lib}/">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
            </lib>
            <lib dir="lib">
                <include name="cornerstone.jar"/>
                <include name="dnsjava-1.2.3.jar"/>
                <include name="activation.jar"/>
                <include name="mail_1_2.jar"/>
                <include name="jakarta-oro-2.0.1.jar"/>
            </lib>
            <zipfileset dir="${conf.dir}" fullpath="conf/sqlResources.xml">
                <include name="sqlResources.xml"/>
            </zipfileset>
        </sar>

- Paul