james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Same exception for JamesSpoolManager
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:13:39 GMT
Andrei,

Glad to hear how it is going, and I hope to see your changes in the CVS
really soon, since it seems that you've really improved the stablity of
James.

However, you've posted the stack trace of the symptom, but not the log of
the more proximate cause. What is the RuntimeException in the log? Are they
always the same?  I'm running with JDBC, so I won't see the same results as
you.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei A. Ivanov [mailto:myfam@surfeu.fi]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:00
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: Same exception for JamesSpoolManager

Noel, thanks for answer.
Yes of course it is in the log. I am running long (many hours) tests with
load about 5 emails / second. I have stability requirements first of all.
James behaves generally very well. I am using my SMTPServer-Handler classes
because it won't live with the original one (especially when TLS is in use).
Only bad thing I have are these exceptions in JamesSpoolManager (which
originates from the place you've pointed). There are from 10 to 50 such
exceptions per 100 000 mails. Not a big deal though I am wondering about
possible cause of these exceptions (RuntimeException when mc = (MailImpl)
or.get(key)) .

Andrei