james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SAR-INF
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:48:29 GMT
Andrei,

I believe that it is the same as before.  Each time you run James, it will
attempt to extract the files from the SAR, but if they are already present
in the SAR-INF/ directory, they will not be overwritten.  So the first time
you run James, you run it, close it, edit the file.  Thereafter, your
version will be used.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei A. Ivanov [mailto:myfam@surfeu.fi]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 4:12
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: SAR-INF

Hi,
yes SAR-INF is the new home (because of new Phoenix) for

config.xml - settings for james blocks
environment.xml - settings for log properties
assembly.xml - system setting for james blocks dependencies

One important thing for user is that these files (under some conditions, I
am not sure about) are available only during run time of James.
Therefore, in this case to, modify James configuration (i.e.
SAR-INF/config.xml) one has to start James, then edit config.xml, save it,
stop James and start it again.
After config.xml is modified first time, it will always stay in SAR-INF.

Correct me, Phoenix guys, if I am mistaken about this.

While I was typing this few thinks came to my mind.

1. In mailets there is possibility to use only INFO (or at least only one,
fixed) log level, is there? If so, this has to be changed so that inside
mailet log level can be specified. It is better to setLogger(...) for mailet
in, let's say LinearProcessor and then let mailet designer decide about
desired log level. This may be is not so important for simple mailets but if
we think about such mailet as RemoteDelivery when the story is different.
2. We have to configure James build so that James dist will be "one click
away" from using secure connections. Now turning it to use TLS is not such a
straightforward thing. In James manual, if there is / will be one :-), a
chapter about security must be present.

That's all for now
Andrei