james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Mailet API] Logging Proposal
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:42:15 GMT
Paul,

> Avalon is a project.  How many times do I have to ask you to say
> Avalon-Framework to mean the multi-use IoC interfaces?

When I mean Avalon Framework, I say Avalon Framework.  When I meant the
programming model, I have used Avalon model.  Are you saying that you prefer
the term framework to be overloaded to refer to the programming MODEL, too?

> I'm still uneasy about your use of the word platform.  I'd prefer
> container as platform means Win32 / unix / etc to me.

Hmmm ... I'll give that some thought.  I understand your point.  I think it
would make things clearer for Danny, too.

> Ohh blimey, I should read ahead in mails.

Yes you should!  LOL  I thought I did a good job in that one of presenting
first the way it is now, and then the way Avalon Best Practices would
suggest.  You jumped the gun.  :-)  But that's OK.  My revenge comes when
you sit down to do the sample container.  ;-)  I very much look forward to
seeing it.

	--- Noel