james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Mailet API] Logging Proposal
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:09:15 GMT
> I'm saying that in the email in question, you were using just the word
> Avalon in a few significant places.  I also have a prob with 'Avalon
> programming model' and 'Avalon model' as it's completely new as a term.
> You'll not find me using or advocating the term 'framework'  I suprised
> you drew these conclusions.

You lost me there ... might want to reply privately, rather than choke up
the list on this aspect.

> I know.  I think I am going to do a container and a unit test container.
> Can someone give me the new design (single method?) Mailet API to start
> with?

Isn't Nicola's reply to Serge + composable a good start?  A caveat is that a
base class (akin to the current GenericMailet, cousin to GenericServlet), or
small set of same, could provide common implementation for typical children,
so it is more likely that a typical "MyMailet" would be:

   class MyMailet extends SomeAbstractMailet {}

rather than directly decorate each child with Avalon Framework interfaces.

	--- Noel