james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mailet API v2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:50:15 GMT
> I'm thinking more along the lines of a junit testing framework.

How do we test with all of the things with whicht a matcher or mailet might
interact?  I might need to be testing my use of the config and context,
testing my processing based upon the mail content or some information (e.g.,
quota) from the user repository, etc.  How much of the container's
environment do you want to simulate, compared to running test messages
through a test configuration?

The real PITA is the lack of dynamic loading for the packages, so one has to
rebuild and relaunch.

> 2) a whole bunch of emails in one directory

Technically, there is nothing to prevent a mailet from doing that, is there?
:-)

<mailet match="RecipientIs=testing@localhost" class="TestGenerator">
<directory>/usr/local/james/testmessages/</directory>
</mailet>

The TestGenerator mailet would create and mail each message found in the
designated directory.

> 3) outputs of each email from (2) after the mailet or matcher in (1) ran.

At the moment, I should find this in the logs.

I'm not saying that a standalone container would not be useful, but I am
saying that more than a bit of environment is exposed to matchers and
mailets, so the container is not going to be all that much smaller than
James (ok, it won't need the handlers or remote user admin).

	--- Noel