james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Kirkpatrick" <...@waterglenweb.com>
Subject Re: How to Extract Attachment from an Incoming Mail
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:11:50 GMT
Attached is some sample code you could use as a starting point.  It is a watered-down version
of a mailet I am using to do something
similar.  It doesn't do anything useful as is, but you should be able to adapt it for your
needs.

I intend to contribute a more functional version at some point in the future, but alas my
current mailet is not generic enough to
share yet.

Sam

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Han" <patrick.han@sensestream.com>
To: <james-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:28 AM
Subject: How to Extract Attachment from an Incoming Mail

Dear all,

I am new to JAMES and this mailing list.  Please excuse me if I ask silly questions. :)

I am currently developing a mailet that should intercept with an incoming mail and save the
attachment (This will always be an
image, mostly in .jpg) to a local directory residing on the mail server.  However, I have
gone through the JAMES and Mailet API and
found various methods to extract almost all parameters of a mail but the actual email attachment!

I have also searched all over the Web to look for related topic but most of the searching
result I got is related to how to send
attachment via email, not to extract attachment from an email.

Does anyone has any clue on how I can proceed with this task?  Thanks in advance!

Pat