james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Avalon feedback request
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:40:37 GMT

Danny Angus wrote:

>>I imagine that others on this mailing list have their own wish lists.  I
>>recognize that this list is ambitious, which is why I'd like to see a
>>larger committer base.  A larger base would also make it less likely
>>that all the committers would be absent from participation in the
>>discussion lists at any given time.
>>

>Not really absent just busy with other things.
>The traditional route to becoming a commiter is to contribute code/patches
>and then to be proposed and elected by the comitters.
>I'm sure you'd see more activity here, even from commiters, if you were
>instigating discussions, submitting code and improving the product.
>
>One thing James currently lacks is a clear release plan for the next cycle,
>it is suffering from a number of avalon inspired deficiencies and there have
>been murmurings about moving away from avalon. I believe that the head of
>CVS would not be as safe to use as v2.0.3 but have not had time to drive
>forward the changes needed, assuming they are within James not phoenix.

Hi Danny:

Could you, and/or  perhaps other people on this list, provide more
detail the issues you have found concerning resources from the Avalon
community.  Are these Avalon-Framework issues, Avalon-Phoenix issues,
Avalon-Logkit issues, or issues related to one of the many sub-systems
within the Avalon-Excalibur project?  Just for reference - I am a
committer over on Avalon and I would like to understand what the issues
are and ensure that constructive feedback gets back to th Avalon
commnity - if that's appropriate.  Aside from being a committer on
Avalon, I am also responsible for a large number of commercial business
and service management components (B2B collaboration, process
management, etc.) and I would like to get a better picture about the
potential integration of James into that framework.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL