james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Sascha Kulawik" <sas...@kulawik.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-james/src/conf james-server.xml
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:02:52 GMT
Hello Danny,

Thats everybodys own opinion if some features are useful or not. For me
it's my main interest, because I want to kill my Exchange Server and
want an IMAP Server "under my own control". Currently implemented IMAP
Servers are most developed under C and I like OOP - so what :)
Ok, I think it's much work, today I've revieved the James Code and are
afraid to say, that some of the Classes looks like "krauts". It's really
hard to find the right Components, also there is no standarizied naming
convention for the classes.
Example: I've seen the Interface UsersStore under services and wanted to
see the implemented Class for that. And AvalonUsersStore seems for me
not as the right name for an Impl Class. Could be, that's a correct name
(and it's because my bad knowledge of Avalon / Phoenix).
Ok, enough for that :)
I've taken the IMAP Proposal Source with some changes from Marc Guenther
and have revieved the code in some cases and it's currently running
under the actual CVS Version of James :)
A lot of bugs, a lot to do, but I think the first step is gone.
Also it was a little bit unclear for me, how the Components (afer 1h
I've seen that it was Cornerstore) save the ObjectStream to File.
In the IMAP Sources there is no use of Cornerstore, so the Path in the
config.xml won't work correctly.
(Thats the next step to convert the File-Accesses to the
"Cornerstore-like access" with the file:// in front).
It was also a little bit messy to compile and test the source because of
the old build-script. I've got a lot of "can't find the James.xconf"
errors, but the File was really inside the JAR File.  Whatever, I've
taken the IMAP Sorce to the src directory for easier testing.
Would be great if a Ant-God could review the buildfile, I've done some
editings but thats really not enough for that.

Okay,
I will inform you 'bout the further IMAP Development :)

Greetings,
Sascha