james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Inactivity
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 07:58:00 GMT
Everyone,

Just a few words regarding inactivity.

If no-one is participating on the users list, or the dev list, if the
commiters are commited elsewhere, and happy that James is good enough for
their own uses then the project will be quiet.

Apache projects move forward because people tend to get fed up asking for
fixes, and submit them themselves.

If you want to start contributing to James, to revitalise the project, then
do just that contribute. We have a TODO in xdocs todo.xml, and there's 14
open bugs in bugzilla, and the documentation needs work. Alternatively make
something new and offer it up. We're always happy to receive contributions
of any kind.

d.