james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Whitespace from parameters? [AVALON Frameworks issue?]
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:58:47 GMT
In MailetConfigImpl.getInitParameter(String name) we have:

  final Configuration[] values = configuration.getChildren( name );

as best I can see, there is no call within James to trim whitespace from
around parameters, so that must be happening in Avalon Frameworks, right?

How can we stripping whitespace in the case where it would be desirable for
the admin to be able to place whitespace, e.g., in a prefix string?  Is
there some attribute we could put on the tag so that Avalon Frameworks
didn't trim the whitespace, e.g.,

<subject allow-whitespace> Whitespace intact:   </subject>

Other thoughts?

	--- Noel