james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: AW: Further Development...
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:20:28 GMT
--- Sascha Kulawik <sascha@kulawik.de> wrote:
> > (But Noel, it's no problem to work with CVS, it's quite easy,
> > especially under Windows -> www.tortoisecvs.org ;)
> Thanks for the pointer Tortoisecvs looks great!

Actually, I've been using jCVS II (http://www.jcvs.org) for some years now,
and I can use the command line version as far as my needs go.  Still doesn't
qualify me as a CVS expert.  :-)

> > Why isn't James based on the JavaMail API ?

> I believe this has been answered in the past.
> Searching the archives may yield the answer.

I had the same recollection, but I can't find it in the archives.  Serge
would be the best person to address that specific question.

Where would you imagine using JavaMail on the server to replace some area
implemented otherwise by JAMES?  Remember to keep in mind issues such as the
ability to transparently have different implementations of the datastores.

Also keep in mind the licensing issues!  JAMES is covered by the Apache
License, JavaMail is owned by Sun.

	--- Noel