james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Sozonoff" <se...@globalbeach.com>
Subject JAMES and dbfile
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:50:42 GMT
Hi All,

Well, now that activity has seemed to increase here :-) I will attempt to send a previous
question again.

I am trying to get dbfile:// repositories working with James 2.0a3 without success.
Everything works, but it works exactly the same as db://. i.e. everything is still going into
the database.
I am no Java expert at all, but one thing puzzles me looking at the source code.

-- taken from mailstore.log --
1026930210369 [DEBUG  ] (mailstore): Need instance of org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
to handle: dbfile,MAIL
1026930210370 [DEBUG  ] (mailstore): org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.compose()
1026930210371 [DEBUG  ] (mailstore): org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository created
according to null
1026930210371 [DEBUG  ] (mailstore): org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.configure()

Here we see that method compose() is called before configure(), yet there are some variables
set in configure() which seem to be tested for in compose().

In file JDBCMailRepository.java method configure() we have

    public void configure(Configuration conf) throws ConfigurationException {
	-- cut some stuff out here --

        filestore = conf.getChild("filestore").getValue(null);

and in compose() we have

   public void compose( final ComponentManager componentManager )
	-- cut some stuff out here --

        try {
            if (filestore != null) {

How can we test for filestore here, surely its still null since method configure() has not
run yet?

I have made some changes and moved some code into initialize(). This seems to work.

Has anyone ever used dbfile:// ?

Thanks, Serge