james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Feedback IMAP
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:43:48 GMT
Sascha Kulawik wrote:
> I'm afraid about the feedback I've got to the IMAP Patch - thats really
> encouraging.
> It would be nice, if anybody can tell me, if this will be submitted to
> the CVS or not.
>
> Thanks,
> Sascha.

This depends on one of the committers having time to test your submission.
I haven't got that sort of time at the moment. Maybe one of the other
committers has. It would be great to get the IMAP stuff moving again.

Alternatively, you could try to become a committer yourself. But that
requires contributing code that does get incorporated as well as
contributing to discussions. Generally speaking, you are more likely to
get small patches accepted - because people (ie committers and other
contributors can see what the code will do).

I'm sorry if that sounds negative, but its realistic. The person who
actually commits some code is responsible for checking that it doesn't
affect an other systems and that it achieves whatever standard the
contributor specifies.

Charles