james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Keunen <vincent.keu...@manex.be>
Subject Re: Feedback IMAP
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:30:12 GMT
Hi all,

I'm not very experienced in the rules either, but I'd like to point out
that many of us have wished for a long time that the IMAP code would
evolve.  We now have the luck of having someone working on that code
with enthusiasm (thanks, Sascha) and I think it's very important to have
Sascha feel that his work is really appreciated by integrating it into
the code base.  Of course, we don't want to break the system, but aren't
there ways to do this without waiting for the committers to go through
the code thoroughly (no critic on them, they do a great work but maybe
are a bit too busy for the moment)?

Aren't there some tests (ala XP) that could be run (by other people,
maybe Sascha himself) and that would give confidence in the code written?

Just trying to manage the psychological side of our James developers...
  ;-)