james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Keunen <vincent.keu...@manex.be>
Subject Re: IMAP Development
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:54:11 GMT
Sean,

IMAP is currently being actively worked on.  Several people do work on
it.  Search the mail archive on IMAP (at
http://www.mail-archive.com/james-dev@jakarta.apache.org/) to get a
glimpse of what is being done.

If you are new to developing for Jakarta, take a look at these:

First take a look at the general jakarta "Getting involved":
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
Then read the specifics for James:
http://jakarta.apache.org/james/contribute.html
Then take a look at the James TODO list:
http://jakarta.apache.org/james/todo.html

At least Sasha and Christian have been working on it recently (Charles
being the major author of the IMAP code and Serge and Noel did also some
work I believe). Could the others remind themselves to this list in
order to coordinate efforts (sorry if I did not cite active imap
developers)?

Also, someone suggested more detailed things to do than the TODO list
recently, but the message has not been archived...  could that be reposted?

sean@sentia.ie wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm interested in getting involved in the IMAP implementation,
>
>is there someone currently heading up imap development ,
>or is it currently abandoned like the faq on the website says?
>

>basically who should i work with????
>

>Thanks
>
>Sean
>

>--

!try; do()
--
Vincent Keunen, Ir, http://vincent.keunen.net
Manex, rue Wagner 93, BE-4100 Boncelles, Belgium