james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Keunen <vincent.keu...@manex.be>
Subject Re: Next question.. (was: Should we remove ant? )
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:13:12 GMT
I just did a small test but am stuck...   I wanted to test Maven for
James, so I grabbed the latest source of james, wrote the (required by
Maven) project.xml file (attached to this message), which just took me
10 minutes then tried to generate the site (which includes compiling the
james sources).  There it breaks and I don't know why.  Probably I would
need to tweak the build process of James, but I'm not comfortable in
doing that.

The error I get is:

F:\Dev\cvs-ext\jakarta-james>maven site:generate
 __  __
|  \/  |__ Jakarta _ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|   v. 1.0-b5-dev

jakarta-james (james) v2.0a3
F:\Dev\cvs-ext\jakarta-james

    [available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing
property.
  Build file should not reuse the same property name for different values.
site:generate:
init-dvsl-tag:

jdepend:generate-report:
java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 150 source files to
F:\Dev\cvs-ext\jakarta-james\target\classes
    [javac] [ERROR]
F:\Dev\cvs-ext\jakarta-james\src\java\org\apache\james\BaseConnectionHandler.java:10:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] [ERROR] symbol  : class ConnectionHandler
    [javac] [ERROR] location: package connection
    [javac] [ERROR] import
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.connection.ConnectionHandler;
    [javac]
[ERROR]                                                          ^
    [javac] [ERROR]
F:\Dev\cvs-ext\jakarta-james\src\java\org\apache\james\BaseConnectionHandler.java:11:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] [ERROR] symbol  : class Configurable
    [javac] [ERROR] location: package configuration
    [javac] [ERROR] import
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configurable;
    [javac] [ERROR]                                                  ^

Running ant for james does the compilation ok, so it must be that Maven
requires some tweaking (apparently, Maven uses ant to build the project,
so I would suppose it uses the build.xml?...)

Can someone help?