james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject James under Merlin
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 04:35:11 GMT

I've been playing around with James under Merlin.

During the process I came accross a runtime problem:

  1. The class AvalonUsersStore is referenced as a Component
     somewhere or other but doesn't implement the Component
     interface

  2. After starting James inside Merlin, then sending an email
     to an arbitary name on the server James is running on,
     I get NPE - which is where I figure I may need some help
     from you guys ...

Cheers, Steve.

James log:
----------

[INFO   ] (root.james.smtp-server): Hello Name is: home
[INFO   ] (root.james.smtp-server): Connection from zola.noos.net
(212.198.2.76)
[INFO   ] (root.james.james): Mail Mail1029472297203-0 pushed in spool
[INFO   ] (root.james.smtp-server): Mail sent to Mail Server
[ERROR  ] (root.james.mailstore): Exception retrieving mail:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while retrieving an object:
java.i
o.StreamCorruptedException: unexpected end of block data, so we're
deleting it... good riddance!
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:273)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:80)
[ERROR  ] (root.james.spool): Exception in JamesSpoolManager.run null

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy