james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Keunen <vincent.keu...@manex.be>
Subject Re: Next question.. (was: Should we remove ant? )
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:29:00 GMT
I agree with you.  It took me only a few hours to read, install, setup
Maven on one of our projects (and we only need one person to use it to
manage the site: not everybody has to learn/use it).  It there is a
decision towards Maven, I could try and volunteer to set it up for
James.  That would be my first real contribution...  Let me know.

ps: of the "looking good" stuff of Maven, apart from already mentionned
metrics, changelog,...  I also see: standard way of documenting,
pointers to resources (mailing lists, archives, required modules), use
of Ant, cross referenced sources, integration with other tools (gump,
cvs, junit...), central jar repository (ala CPAN), style reports...

I'll subscribe to their mailing lists to have a feel for their activity
and let you know.