james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta James Nightly Build
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 05:26:57 GMT

Peter M. Goldstein wrote:

>To more knowledgeable heads than I,
>
>Noel and I have been looking at the nightly build process and are a
>little disturbed by the fact that:
>
>i) It is failing
>ii) It is failing without notifying james-dev

This explains a lot.  With no notification of failures, the Avalon
Community have been moving along in ignorant bliss (relative to the
James Commnity).  Over the last few days that has been discussion
concerning inconsitencies in Cornerstone jar brough about by some recent
testing I've been doing of James using the Avalon CVS builds of
Cornerstone. With gump working we would have spotted the issue months ago.

Getting this back in place would be really good becuse you can validate
that the Avalon Community are not braking anything as a result of
maintainance and service development.

>See the nightly build report here:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-james.html
>
>After examining the definition file here,
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/module_jakarta-james.html
>
>it is very clear that this definition is pretty far out of date.  Among
>other things, the file refers to a James.bar, which if I recall
>correctly was the predecessor to the current James.sar.  So the file
>needs to be updated.

Its also out-of-date relative some restructuring that took place of the
Excalibur project.

>The build is currently failing because of unnecessary dependencies -
>James builds off snapshots of the assorted Avalon subprojects and hence
>does not need those project builds to succeed.  So the dependency
>entries need to be updated.
>
>I'm willing to volunteer to do the jakarta-james.xml file update.  My
>big problem is that I don't know where the file is, and I don't think I
>have write-access to it.  I'd like to get one of the Apache elders to
>give me a hand with this.  As Peter Donald is listed in the nag tag, I'm
>cc'ing him on this email.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete the right person to talk to - he knows this stuff inside out.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL