james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NNTP auth issues
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:17:31 GMT
Noel,  Jason,

>Shouldn't be any different.  Did you make any progress on this?
>
>You might want to ask Paul Hammant to take a look at it.  For example, I
>don't know what the relationship is between the .xinfo files and things like
>the assembly file, but the .xinfo for the nntp server doesn't have an entry
>for the UsersStore, which is present in the .xinfo for other services.

There is a strong relationship is Noel suspects.

You will have to fork the root NNTP block to declare its need for and
get DataSource from ComponentManager in its compose method.

At least until we find a way of eliminating the dar I suggest insecure
anti-pattern of Mailets getting free reign of the ComponentManager.

- Paul