james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta James Nightly Build
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:34:26 GMT

Danny Angus wrote:

>>Again, personally, I would not want James to build against the Phoenix
>>nightly builds.  I'd prefer that it build against the snapshot
>>that is part
>>of James.
>>

>But the point of Gump is that it tests the domain level build by building
>every part of the domain from scratch.

Which from my point of view is the really valuble thing - validation the
Avalon Framework, Excalibur Xxxx, Cornerstone component Xxxx, Phoenix,
etc. are all in sync - and delivering what your expecting.  It goes a
long way in providing the James community much more specific information
about a problem - information that is sufficient for the Avalon
community to react appropriately if a problem does occur.  If the same
thing were put in place with Cocoon the we (Avalon Land) would have a
rather nice early warning process in place.

Cheers, Steve.

>d.
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell