james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IMAP - New CVS Repository
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:44:30 GMT

Is it not possible to give these guys commit access to the IMAP content?
 From experiece it really suchs big time if your trying to do a project
like IMAP without commit privs.  It seems to me that the best solution
is for the James team to give these guys what they need to get on with
the job with the tools they need (IMAP repository commit privs being one
of these items).  Policy and procedure concerning the handling of commit
privs based on sending in the nominal 6 or 7 diffs does not make sence
in the context of a "special project.

My 0.02 euros.

Cheers, Steve.

Sascha Kulawik wrote:

>>>I think some of the problem is that you don't currently
>>>have a commiter to champion you
>>>

>>I don't know WHAT the problem is, actually, other than
>>perhaps an incorrect assumption on their part.  The code that
>>they have submitted IS in the repository.  The last code
>>submitted (except Andrew's from yesterday) was put into the
>>CVS within 24 hours.  Since it is in proposals/, I suppose
>>that if all of the active IMAP contributors asked that the
>>code in that part of the structure be "fast tracked",
>>committers such as yourself would be obliging, so long as
>>they didn't create a problem amongst themselves.  It
>>certainly sounds that way from what you and Charles have said.
>>

>Thats also a solution, so long, I will commit my newest changes to the
>list, so any comitter can upload it to the CVS. The Problem is the
>reaction time - but if it will be possible to commit these changes
>within 24 hours it will be ok too. In the future it will be better to
>get a comitter for IMAP so we can react faster within the IMAP tree.
>
>Sascha
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL