james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: NNTP auth issues
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 05:27:39 GMT
Shouldn't be any different.  Did you make any progress on this?

You might want to ask Paul Hammant to take a look at it.  For example, I
don't know what the relationship is between the .xinfo files and things like
the assembly file, but the .xinfo for the nntp server doesn't have an entry
for the UsersStore, which is present in the .xinfo for other services.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Webb [mailto:jw@inovem.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 6:30
To: 'James Developers List'
Subject: NNTP auth issues

I'm trying to link our database into the NNTP auth mechanism as we
provide an MLM that has a lot of NNTP style features. However, when I
ask for a DataSource from the ComponentManager, I get an exception
thrown at me:

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Unable to
provide implementation for
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.datasource.DataSourceSelector
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.DefaultComponentManager.lookup
DefaultComponentManager.java:70)
        at
org.apache.james.nntpserver.AuthServiceImpl.isAuthenticated(AuthServiceI
mpl.java:84)
        at
org.apache.james.nntpserver.AuthServiceImpl.isAuthorized(AuthServiceImpl
.java:53)

Etc....

It all works fine in the mailet we use for our MLM. Is NNTP special with
regards to DataSources?

Help!

-- Jason