james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christian Buchegger" <christian.bucheg...@planet-interkom.de>
Subject [PATCH] fields in XOVER containing newline or tab disturb client
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:20:01 GMT
Hi,

when experimenting with a larger number of real life articles, I observed the client to stop
getting 
headers at a given point. Debugging into this I found out that these articles contained either
newline or tab characters in their titles.

Looking at RFC2980: 2.8 XOVER I found:
>> Note that any tab and end-of-line characters in any header data that
>>    is returned will be converted to a space character.

After filtering these characters from the response the client received the headers without
further complains.

The attached patch does this filtering. Also it uses a StringBuffer and a single call to prt.println()
instead many calls to prt.print(). This allowed to trace the communication between server
and client and finally
to find the problem.


Rgs,

Christian


Mime
View raw message