james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-james build.bat
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:09:06 GMT
Peter,

> It's very simple, and clearly laid out in the thread.  You committed an
> essentially unchanged build.bat (see your last commit) and you actually
> did the same thing once before (check the history of the build.bat
> file).  The commit changed the line endings from CRLF to LF.  The
> build.bat file is a Windows only file, and the James build changes it to
> CRLF so it's kind of annoying to see a constant diff for the entire
> file.  Thus I reverted it back to the previous version, which had CRLF
> line endings.

Right, thanks for the clarification.

Seeing as I've never eddited that file, use the excellent Textpad on Windows2000, with Tortoise
for CVS, I doubted it ws me (personally) that made the mistake.  So moments ago I did a problem
reproduction.

Steps to reproduce
------------------

1) Update to latest CVS HEAD revision.
2) Commit on root (only go to preview pane).

  - Note *no* files pending.

3) 'ant dist'
4) Commit on root (only go to the preview pane)

  - Note build.bat, build.sh and dozens of java
    sources are listed as changed.  Indeed they
    have changed (line endings).

Conclusion
----------

Given the nature of the investigation, I'm claiming that the build script changed them.  I'm
using
Ant 1.5 (which could conceivably be the problem), but I think it is more likely that build.xml
is
at fault.

I will do some more *investigation* at home, but am this stage I am satisfied that I am off
the
hook.  If this remains unfixed by the time the next Phoenix is booked in (and if it is me
doing
it), I will delete the java sources, build.bat etc before commit.

- Paul