james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Short" <ssh...@postx.com>
Subject RE: New "latest"
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:22:03 GMT

It would be good to have a James plugins directory, but I think the way
Phoenix manages the ClassLoaders for the application (James) makes this
difficuly, in fact I think the application plugin concept would need to
be implemented inside Phoenix.  It is easy to create a ClassLoader that
will allow James to load matchers and mailets from a plugins directory,
but if you also want to add Avalon Components (as I do), these need to
be visible to the ClassLoader that Phoenix uses to load Avalon
components, and Phoenix would not be able to see the James plugins
directory.  I guess if we restrict plugins to matchers/mailets though
this would work fine.

Steve

www.mailet.org, something that seems to be generating its own inertia,
so I've moved some jars, in particularly Mailet and Mail into
phoenix-lib. I also moved some commonly used avalon ones; cornerstone,
excalibur-datasource. And activation which just wanted to be there.

This now means that any mailet packages in a jar archive can be simply
dropped into ~installdir/lib/ and the classes will be found by the
mailet/matcher loader, either with appropriate <mailetpackages> and
<matcherpackages> elements, or as fully qualified classnames.

d.