james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Mailet.org (was RE: SPAM filter based on Bayesian principals)
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:31:22 GMT
Guys,

Thanks for the vote of confidence,

My initial plan is to start simple and merely create an online directory
listing mailets, and linking to sites set up by the mailet developers
themselves,
If you want to be included in this all you have to do is set up a site, with
some docs and downloads or *whatever* and mail me a blurb and a URL.
I will visit the site, and all bona-fides being well I'll splat your blurb
on mailet.org.

The sooner you do this, the sooner we'll get this thing off the ground.

Once we have a few (say three?) I'll mention it in James news on the
website, and possibly link to it. Because jakarta.apache is regularly
spidered it will quickly appear in search engine listings, fulfilling the
role of providing a high-visibilty directory for mailet deveopers to
showcase their wares.

Eventually (or slightly sooner..) I'd like to scrounge articles and features
from anyone with anything mailet related to say.

If you want to see what I'm thinking of look at
http://www.eclipse-workbench.com/jsp/index.jsp

I think we should keep mailet development chatter on the james-user 'n
james-dev lists for now, perhaps if it reaches larger proportions we could
have a dedicated mailet list, but I'd still like to keep it at apache if the
powers that be agree. After all the point of this exercise is to encourage
support for this project not undermine it.

d.