james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject New "latest"
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:06:36 GMT
Hi,

I've made a new latest build, because I just noticed that it isn't currently
possible for end-users to "drop" mailet jars into /lib/ and have them picked
up by the mailet loader.

This is something that I got concerned about if we're going to try to kick
start a 3rd party mailet community at www.mailet.org, something that seems
to be generating its own inertia, so I've moved some jars, in particularly
Mailet and Mail into phoenix-lib.
I also moved some commonly used avalon ones; cornerstone,
excalibur-datasource. And activation which just wanted to be there.

This now means that any mailet packages in a jar archive can be simply
dropped into ~installdir/lib/ and the classes will be found by the
mailet/matcher loader, either with appropriate <mailetpackages> and
<matcherpackages> elements, or as fully qualified classnames.

d.