james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject fetchpop
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:52:21 GMT
Guys,
As you might see from my commits..

I found the commons net library the other day, and remembered that people
regularly ask for fetchpop functionality, so I've used it to write a small
new top-level block "fetchpop"

fetchpop will fetch mail from any number of POP accounts on any number of
servers at regular (configurable) intervals, this mail is then inserted into
the spool as if it had arrived by SMTP, ready to be worked over by the
mailets.

One caveat is that the domain of mail fetched should be placed in the
<servernames> configuration to prevent looping of mail

In addition to this I've added a configuration attribute "enabled" to
NNTPserver POP3Server and SMTPserver (as well as to FetchPOP) this allows
the blocks to skip initialisation, configuration and disposal, basically
stopping them from running, in practice it means they don't try to get the
port, and won't listen.

The commons-net package also contains NNTP and SMTP clients that could be
used as the basis for testcases.

(I may have made a mistake by commiting this jar to phoenix/lib rather than
lib/)

d.