james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james James.java
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 00:41:45 GMT
Sorry for not having time to vet these earlier ...

Not that I mind the checking, but things like this:

 +            username = localusers.getRealName(originalUsername);

are *supposed* to have been checked earlier in the pipeline.  This was part
of the dicussion a few weeks back with Serge regarding bounce handling for
Local and Remote delivery.

 +                if (forwardTo == null) {

I wonder if it is better to throw the exception or to store the mail in the
mailbox for which the forwarding address is missing (a typical integrity
issue when there is both a flag and a data value involved).  Personally, I
think I'd have gone for a warning, and stored the e-mail, rather than
throwing the exception and having to bounce the e-mail.

Your thoughts on that subject?

	--- Noel