james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Local vs Remote delivery failures
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:45:43 GMT
> > Why isn't the handling consistent?
> probably because this is an Open Source project, and any number of
different
> people have any number of different ideas.

That was my first thought, but checking the code and CVS first, it appeared
to come from the same origin.  So I thought that there might be some deeper
reason for why it was handled two different ways; a reason I had missed.

Similarly with my question about instrumenting LocalDelivery and
RemoteDelivery to accept a processor name for failure notification.  I
wasn't making the assumption that it hadn't been considered in the past.
Instead I was asking.

Should I take your responses to mean that you don't know of any reasons for
the difference, and that you believe it might be worthwhile (post-2.1?) to
make such a change?

	--- Noel