james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <alan.gerh...@GerCom.Com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/testing BaseTest.java Main.java POP3Test.java TestMethod.java runtest.bat runtest.sh testconf.xml
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:13:26 GMT
<B>+1</B>
I don't have an objection to packaging test suites so users can (if they
so choose) use them.  I do have an objection to bundling them in with
the .jar required for a basic production system.  There are a number of
very good reasons why you need to be able to keep them separate.

I also have an objection to contaminating the src/java directory with
batch and user-modifiable configuration files.

a clear distinction needs to be made to what is a production system and what
constitutes a developers environment.
Without this, we end up with a chaotic collection of code, though useful it
may be, and maintenance becomes more difficult and complex.

Alan Gerhard