james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <alan.gerh...@GerCom.Com>
Subject RE: MySQL Driver (Connect/J) License
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:51:31 GMT

-----Original Message-----
The new driver is substantially enhanced, especially with MySQL v4.  I'm
running tests with it now (as of about an hour ago).  Found that ext/ didn't
work, but lib/ does.  I changed config.xml to refer to
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, rather than the old name, so that I wouldn't have to
worry about the jar in the sar.

	--- Noel

With the current James JDBC functionality, what will we explicitly gain by
implementing this driver ??
I mean, I'm all for getting the latest and all, but there really should be a
reason for doing so; if the old driver no longer support the later SQ:L
versions, well okay, but otherwise ....

alan