james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter M. Goldstein" <peter_m_goldst...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Peters patch doesn't actually work...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:17:52 GMT

Danny,

> Ok, fine, but..
> I'd expect any change that purports to address this issue to perform
> better than the existing code under the default configuration, I did a
> completely clean checkout and build, ran the tests, applied your
patch,
> ran the test.
> If I have to make changes to the config to see the improvement perhaps
> your patch should include them.

This change was already committed.  Please consult the CVS.  The default
configuration uses Avalon poorly in a number of ways, this being the
most obvious.  In reality, it would be best if each service used its own
thread pool, but I didn't want to make overly radical changes, so I just
boosted the already too low thread pool count.

--Peter