james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Current changes (was RE: Code change the Apache way)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:12:55 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I took a look at the change log that Serge put out for each prior release;
> boy, do we have a lot of work to do pulling that together for 2.1!

Yeah, that's a real pain, but really necessary (and part of the Apache
Way if I'm not mistaken (although I already have been once today)).  I
usually use a cvs changelog to make sure I don't miss any changes.  Also
generally makes it easy to give the right person/people credit too.

Also, with the release, we should get into the habit of tagging... we
haven't done this since 2.0a3.  I really like this bit from Maven's
site...
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/development-process.html.
Documentation on our release process and naming conventions and anything
else related would be great to capture as we do this next build.

--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com